Bay Scallops Easy Recipe
After all the fun of going scalloping, the best is yet to come: eating our catch.
First things first: cleaning them. Cleaning scallops is pretty simple but it takes some time. We need to remove the guts and keep the meat. The little white muscle in there is what we are going to eat.
Always keep in mind to cook scallops until they are opaque, otherwise they can get tough quickly. When we are not using a recipe and trying to figure out how long to cook scallops, use the opaque cue. If scallops are opaque, they are done. Continue reading to find some easy and delicious scallops recipes.
Scallops are easy to cook and contain a lot of vitamins. One of the easiest and fastest ways to cook them is seared.
Ingredients and recipe for 1 pound/4 servings.
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chives.
- 2 tablespoons of butter, cut into small pieces.
- 1 clove garlic, grated.
- Sea salt
- Black paper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Remove the side muscles from the scallops.
- Sprinkle the scallops with sea salt and black pepper.
- In a large skillet, set over medium-high heat, add the oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the scallops – make sure that they are not touching each other. Cook until golden brown on one side for a couple of minutes.
- Gently turn the scallops and add the butter and garlic to the pan.
- Continue to cook, spooning the butter over the scallops until they are cooked through.
- Just serve with chives and it’s ready to enjoy.
Now you have a very simple and easy recipe to eat your scallops with family and friends. Scallop season 2020 runs from early June to September 7th, Labor day. Don’t wait to share quality time with your family and friends! Come catch some bay scallops and enjoy them with this easy recipe or any other of your preference.